Under the supervision of the Healthy Living Director, the Personal Trainer is responsible for the safety, supervision and wellness support for the one-on-one training of clients and small group classes.
They are responsible for managing these functions in accordance with the stated mission, goals, and policies established by the administrative staff, governing committees, and Board of Directors of the YMCA.
Benefits of working with the YMCA include flexible scheduling, a free membership, referral bonuses, stay and earn bonuses and reimbursement for continuing education courses.
- Conduct fitness assessments and personal training appointments with members.
- Communicate and follow-up with members enrolled in the Personal Training program in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all YMCA Personal Training policies are being adhered to by your own actions and the actions of your clients.
- Document all assessments, training sessions and client payments. Keep such records on file with health screening, informed consent and medical clearance form.
- Be sure that all sessions are financially accounted for by your clients and all payment receipts are properly handled.
- Assist in promoting fitness and wellness through the YMCA Personal Training program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Must have 1 or more years of experience.
- Available to train between the hours of 6am-7pm.
- Available for about 2-5 hours a week.
- Nutrition and exercise correction certifications preferred.
- Must hold a current certification in Personal Training by a recognized certifying organization (ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA).
- Maintain a positive attitude and build relationships with members and staff.
- Must obtain certification through the YMCA in Basic Life Support/First Aid and Emergency Oxygen upon hire, as well as completing other required trainings as assigned.
- Must have flexible hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Multi-lingual desired but not required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must be able to kneel, sit, and stand up without assistance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The YMCA of the Triangle requires employees to comply with all COVID related PPE, cleaning, reporting and prevention expectations efforts. Further training and detail will be provided upon question.