If you have a passion for empowering others in their journey to better health, come join our fantastic team as
Health Fitness Professional in Schenectady, NY!
Schedule: (M-Th) varies between the hours of 5am – 6:30 pm, (F) 5am – 1:30 pm
Explore what it’s like to be a Fitness Professional with HealthFitness:
Health Fitness Professional from HealthFitness on Vimeo.
What you’ll be doing:
If inspiring, upbeat and passionate about health and fitness, then read on! As Health Fitness Professional, you will make a direct impact on the health and well-being of our members through the coordination, implementation, and/or delivery of health and fitness improvement programs and services, fitness center promotions and outreach activities. You will provide individual and group exercise instruction, monitor fitness facility and conduct fitness testing and assessments, advising participants of the results and designing individualized programs to meet the members’ interests, abilities and goals. Other duties as-needed/assigned.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Associate's degree or higher in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) OR the equivalent combination of education, industry experience and current certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- Current Adult First Aid and CPR/AED certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA/NASM, ACSM, NCCPT or NETA, if not current, will be required within 60 days of hire.
- Industry recognized Yoga Instructor certification from Yoga Alliance or willingness to obtain.
- Ability to navigate electronic onboarding and timecard systems required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative, and creativity.
Who we are:
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
Come join HealthFitness! Join a team that will not only utilize your current skills but will enhance them as well. Our comprehensive benefit package includes: Medical/Dental/Vision plans including HSA, PPO and FSA options, retirement/401(k)-including employer matching program, fitness and wellness programs incentivized with medical plan discounts, certification reimbursement program, tuition reimbursement, paid new parent leave, paid Holidays and PTO (starting at 3 weeks for full-time associates), volunteer paid time off and much more.
Compensation: $17 - $19/Hour. Pay is dependent on experience and qualifications.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the fourth consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.
Keywords: specialist, BS, gym, health club, assistant, general, operations, entry level, college grad, wellness, public health, physical education, community health, sports management, athletic trainer, CPT, ATC