If you have a passion for empowering others in their journey to better health, come join our fantastic team as a
Health Fitness Professional in Atlanta, GA!
Explore what it’s like to be a Fitness Professional with HealthFitness:
Health Fitness Professional from HealthFitness on Vimeo.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will make a direct impact on the health and well-being of our members through the coordination, implementation, and/or delivery of health and fitness improvement programs and services, fitness center promotions and outreach activities. You will provide individual and group exercise instruction, monitor fitness facility and conduct fitness testing and assessments, advising participants of the results and designing individualized programs to meet the members’ interests, abilities and goals and any other duties needed or assigned.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, varied shifts between 6am-7pm
What you’ll bring with you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline, OR equivalent combination of industry certification/s and related experience.
- Adult CPR/AED/First Aid certification from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required within 30 days of hire.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA/NASM, ACSM, NCCPT or NETA required within 90 days of hire.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
Who we are:
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
Comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Vision plans including HSA, PPO and FSA options, retirement/401K-including employer matching program, fitness and wellness programs incentivized with medical plan discounts, certification reimbursement program, tuition reimbursement, paid new parent leave, paid Holidays and PTO, volunteer paid time off and much more.
You may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 800-636-3304 or email@example.com for assistance.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the third consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.
Keywords: specialist, BS, gym, health club, assistant, general, operations, entry level, college grad, wellness, public health, physical education, community health, sports management, athletic trainer, CPT, ATC