Salary: $17.00 - $31.75 Hourly
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
To help fulfill our mission, we cultivate a culture of learning, leading, and collaboration to enhance community impact. Through our talented staff and “LEAP” career framework (Leadership, Empowerment, Accountability, Personal Growth), we are committed to a people-first approach that fosters trust, inclusion, growth, and development for all.
The North Brooklyn YMCA is seeking Group Exercise Instructors to design and deliver safe, fun, dynamic and effective group exercise classes, while also providing outstanding hospitality to ensure a positive user experience.
- Provide outstanding hospitality to all members and guests.
- Arrive prior to class start time to allow time to greet all participants and help acclimate new participants.
- Responsible for participant safety – inspect floor, equipment, and supplies; notify supervisor of equipment in need of repair and / or need for more / updated equipment.
- Provide members with opportunities that will increase their involvement, sense of belonging, and ownership of the YMCA.
- Modify classes and routines according to participants’ fitness levels / abilities, as needed.
- Maintain awareness of current fitness programs and trends.
- Maintain attendance records.
- Maintain required certifications.
- Plan and provide appropriate and motivating music for classes.
- Support community and promotional special events as needed.
- Have a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures and take appropriate action for emergency situations.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits to its staff members including retirement benefits, medical, paid time off, free YMCA membership and more! Benefit eligibility is determined by an individual’s employment status (i.e., full-time or part-time), tenure and/or the number of hours scheduled to work. Click here for more information.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.