Who Are We:
The mission of the Greater New Orleans Jewish Community Center is to promote and ensure the well-being of our Jewish community and to instill an understanding of Judaism and its heritage by providing a Center where all can enjoy, learn, experience and share in quality activities in a Jewish environment.
Group Exercise Instructors lead classes in a safe manner that follows the JCC's policies and guidelines. The instructor provides professional, engaging, challenging, fitness-based sessions to a wide variety of skill/physical levels.
What You'll Do:
- Experience teaching group fitness sessions
- Must be able to demonstrate effective instruction.
- Broad range of experience, including working with seniors and athletes.
- Able to create comprehensive training programs built around clients' individual needs and goals.
- Strong awareness of anatomy and biomechanics.
- Desire to build a successful business in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Participates in mandatory staff meetings and training.
What You'll Bring:
- Group fitness certification by ACE, AFAA, NASM, ACSM
- CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Experience working with participants with different ages, skill levels, and varying physical and emotional abilities.
- Works well with other staff members of the JCC using positive and effective interpersonal communication skills.
Evenings and weekends instructors
$27.00 per Session Depending on experience.