Fitness Program Manager, Lincoln, Alabama
Full Time, 40 hours/wk
Hours: varies; 5:00am – 1:30pm and/or 8:30am – 5:00pm; subject to change based on client needs
Location: You will report primarily to our corporate fitness site located in Lincoln, AL (approx. 40 mi East of Birmingham, AL). There is potential in this position for up to 25% travel.
If you are looking for a leadership role and want to join an industry trailblazer, we want to hear from you! HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, provides fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manages the development of outcomes focused programs to meet client objectives; interfaces with client company management and peripheral departments as appropriate to assess client needs and identify HealthFitness programming solutions.
- Manages all fitness center program activities in accordance with HealthFitness operational, quality, safety, and service standards.
- Ensures contract compliance. Manages client relationship to ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and HealthFitness value is reinforced.
- Develops and implements the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/ service offerings and initiatives, targeted outcomes, and marketing strategy to meet client objectives.
- Prepares and manages operating budget. Ensures expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Tracks participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes, and results; creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Directs the implementation of fitness center based individual and group fitness programs, health education activities, motivational programs, and special events; coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate. General oversight and management of Fitness Center(s) operations.
- Designs and develops outcomes focused programs and interventions including data collection and evaluation process; delivers personalized services and other programs to participants as applicable.
- Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of data collected during health assessment and health promotion/membership activities in accordance with HealthFitness requirements, including if applicable file transfer, processes, collaborating with related suppliers and/or storage.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required along with 4+ years related experience OR the equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience required.
- Current Adult CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required by start date.
- Ability to lead, manage and operate a fitness center.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including at minimum Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
Would be bonus if you already have:
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA/NASM, ACSM, NCCPT, or NETA.
- Personal Training certification from an industry recognized and HealthFitness approved provider.
Why Work at HealthFitness?
Benefits & Perks: HealthFitness meets the diverse needs of our associates by offering personal and professional development, comprehensive benefits, and flexible employment opportunities. Benefits include health/dental/vision, life insurance, FSA and HSA, 401(k) plan, Employee Assistant Program, Back-up Care for Children, Adults and Elders and many health and wellness initiatives. We also offer a Wellness program that enables employees to participate in health initiatives to reduce their insurance premiums.
You may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 800-636-3304 or email@example.com for assistance.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the third consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark/HealthFitness associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.