Fitness Program Manager, Carmel, IN
Full Time, Benefits eligible, M-F hours vary between 6am-8pm
If you are looking for a leadership role and want to join an industry trailblazer, this opportunity is for you! HealthFitness is looking for a Fitness Program Manager at our client site in Carmel, IN. In this role, you'll manage and direct all operational aspects of our client's on-site fitness program ensuring the highest level of participation, results achievement and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services. Let's take a closer look:
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HealthFitness policies, procedures and applicable laws including recruiting, orienting, training, evaluating, developing, and planning the succession of associates. Plans, assigns, and directs work assignments to ensure staff remain challenged and productivity is maximized; provides training and development opportunities to promote and encourage career growth.
- Ensures all staff is properly trained and hold appropriate certifications necessary for safe and effective program delivery; provides continuous feedback and coaching to all program staff to ensure quality of all programs and services being delivered. Conducts formal performance appraisals on an annual basis and initiates formal corrective action process when warranted.
- Leads regular individual and group staff meetings to ensure associates are informed about HealthFitness, client and program events, initiatives, and status.
- Submits employment forms, payroll records and billing worksheets accurately and according to contract provisions and HealthFitness policies.
- Ensures contract compliance. Manages client relationship to ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and HealthFitness value is reinforced.
- Develops and implements the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/ service offerings and initiatives, targeted outcomes, and marketing strategy to meet client objectives.
- Prepares and manages operating budget. Ensures expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Manages the development of outcomes focused programs to meet client objectives; interfaces with client company management and peripheral departments as appropriate to assess client needs and identify HealthFitness programming solutions.
- Tracks participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes, and results; creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Directs the implementation of fitness center based individual and group fitness programs, health education activities, motivational programs, and special events; teaches classes and personal trains as needed; coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate. General oversight and management of Fitness Center(s) operations.
- Manages all fitness center program activities in accordance with HealthFitness operational, quality, safety, and service standards.
- Designs and develops outcomes focused programs and interventions including data collection and evaluation process; delivers personalized services and other programs to participants as applicable.
- Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of data collected during health assessment and health promotion/membership activities in accordance with HealthFitness requirements, including if applicable file transfer, processes, collaborating with related suppliers and/or storage.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required along with 2+ years related experience OR the equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience.
- Current Adult CPR/AED certification from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA/NASM, ACSM or NETA required; if not current, will be required within 30 days of hire.
- Personal Training certification from an industry recognized and HealthFitness approved provider a plus.
- Ability to lead, manage and operate a fitness center.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including at minimum Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, provides fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
Why Work at HealthFitness?
Benefits & Perks: HealthFitness meets the diverse needs of our associates by offering personal and professional development, comprehensive benefits, and flexible employment opportunities. Benefits include health/dental/vision, life insurance, FSA and HSA, 401(k) plan, Employee Assistant Program, Back-up Care for Children, Adults and Elders and many health and wellness initiatives. We also offer a Wellness program that enables employees to participate in health initiatives to reduce their insurance premiums.
You may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 800-636-3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the third consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark/HealthFitness associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.
management, supervisor, BS, gym, health club, assistant, general, operations, wellness, public health, physical education, community health, sports management, athletic