$200 Sign-On Bonus
Manage all aspects of the fitness floor and operations in order to create a welcoming, safe and productive environment for members and staff. Build a team of professional and qualified trainers to ensure that members are provided with the ultimate fitness experience during every visit. Exceed revenue, profitability and service goals.
- Deliver the Ultimate Fitness Experience to every member, every time
- Recruit, hire, and manage fitness staff
- Oversee fitness center operations and programs
- Assist in day-to-day club operations as member of management team
- Conduct new member orientation, movement analysis, and other pre-exercise programs
- Provide team members with ongoing feedback and formal evaluations
- Surpass personal training sales and performance goals
- Design save and effective individualized fitness programs for members
- Create revenue projections for training programs and manage expenses
- Maintain personnel files and ensure up-to-date certifications
- Ensure trainers are meeting required training minimums
- Manage personal trainers’ time and attendance and submit accurate payroll information monthly
- Manage personal training billing and accounting systems
- Manage and track personal training schedule
- Meet at least once per month with General Manager
- Reports safety issues or injuries to General Manager and competes accident and witness reports as needed
- Inspects equipment weekly, keeps inventory, and reports repair needs to Maintenance Director
- Manages communication with members regarding requests or changes to training schedules
- Respond to any member or guest concerns or comments within 48 hours
- Understand and model employee standards of conduct and ethics
- Uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and emergency procedures
- Act as Manager On Duty when required
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Work early morning, evening, and weekend hours as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to motivate and nurture others
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Outwardly facing professional appearance
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to handle challenging customer experiences with patience, tact, and professionalism
- Ability to build a team and manage team members effectively
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, email, MS Windows)
- Ability to create individualized fitness programs
- Demonstrated selling skills
Physical Activities, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity & Working Conditions:
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
All US Fitness team members receive:
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and Kids Programs
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Gift
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement
Additional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Relocation: Candidates outside of the specified area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not offered.
US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO is the LAW
EEO is the LAW Supplement