About This Opportunity
With your experience and passion, we will continue to build a world where fitness programming is optimized for the individual.
This position reports to the Owner, pays $25-$35/hr based on experience and education, and the ideal start time is February 2024.
You will be encouraged to express your unique spirit and abilities every day, infusing your work with your own personal style. Through a dizzying combination of work and play, you will be embraced by our zany community of sweet, sarcastic, supportive geeks.
If this sounds like your greatest nightmare, then we lovingly suggest we’re probably not the place for you.
If you can’t wait to argue Game of the Year while cueing individually optimized squat form, then keep reading…
We are on a mission to unlock and amplify each human’s inherent power to live their best life. Embracing community and effective training protocols is at the core of our approach and informs everything that we do.
Our Ideal Candidate
Ideal candidates have at least 2 years of experience as a fitness coach. Experience with 1:1 and small group training (and maybe a specialty cert like Corrective Exercise Specialist) is preferred. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of teamwork, high-touch customer service, and proven client results. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required to succeed in this position.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
Full-time Fitness Coaches work primarily to execute The Lift’s semi-private training. As needed, trainers may also be asked to coach our Private and/or Partner Training sessions.
This full-time position will have a set schedule with 30 hours coaching and 10 hours for programming and meetings; on a set, recurring weekly schedule. In addition to hours on the floor, candidates will be expected to attend one weekly meeting, keep up with The Lift’s continuing education standards, and program for their roster of clients, and be reliable on client communication through our training app.
Unique Factors at Our Facility
- No cleaning. Wiping down equipment, sure. But, no bathroom cleaning, mopping, or vacuuming. We have other folks for that, your role is to be an elite fitness coach.
- You will be paid for up to 10 hours a week to compensate you for meetings, programming, and continuing education time.
- No floor pulling or marketing is required. By all means, bring anyone you know who wants to start training, but we will cover advertising for new client acquisition.
- Paid hourly instead of based on sale/service commission.
- No supplement sale minimum requirements.
Values Alignment — You Must Believe That
- People come before profit.
- You can get 1% better every day.
- Coaching with kindness will always outperform barking like a drill sergeant.
- Learning is a lifelong pursuit -Must be a personal and professional development junkie!
Software Skills Preferred
- Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
Are you a fun person obsessed with helping people achieve their wildest fitness goals?
Then we want YOU!
If you think you got what it takes, send us a cover letter explaining your relevant skills and demonstrating your unique personality and passion for fun and fitness.