We are looking for a motivated and team-oriented Director of Personal Training with a passion for people and supporting healthy lifestyle habits to work at a high profile company’s fitness center located in Spring, TX.
- Ensures that all Exercise Specialists and Personal Trainers are developing and executing best practices in accordance with industry standards and Workplace Well-being operational guidelines.
- Collaborate with other team members and corporate partners to drive sales and marketing initiatives that increase interest, new sales opportunities, and revenue for Workplace Well-being products and services.
- Proactively manage on-boarding of Exercise Specialists, and Personal Trainers.
- Develop team members in the areas of coaching behavior change, business building, goal setting, and sales, and retention to provide effective feedback for professional growth.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or in a related field and/or NCCA accredited Personal Training certification.
- Must have current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- One year experience in a Personal Training Manager or Director role.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the fitness industry administering fitness evaluations and assessments, and exercise program development.
- Knowledge and ability to operate various fitness tools and equipment such as resistance tubes/bands, strength machines, cardio machines, Kettlebells, fitness weights, exercise balls, etc.
- Knowledge about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants.
- Communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from clients/guests.
- Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Plus One, part of the Optum Workplace Well-being portfolio of services, provides fitness and well-being services to clients across a broad range of industries, driving employee engagement in health and wellness programs. Our services include fitness, nutrition, ergonomics, wellness coaching and health promotion. Our team members believe that the most effective way to help people adopt a healthier lifestyle is through personal connections infused with hospitality, empathy and a lot of fun.
Perks of working at Plus One, an Optum company:
- Team member health and savings
- Medical plan choices with Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Dental and Vision coverage plans
- 401(k) Retirement & Savings Plan
- Life Insurance (team member, spouse and dependents)
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Transportation and Parking Plans
- Team member well-being:
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness rewards program
- Membership to a fitness and wellness subscription-based platform
- 24/7 health and wellness support through the Employee Assistance program
- Entertainment and consumer discounts
- Dedication to ensuring a cohesive and inclusive culture led by an internal diversity, equity and inclusion council
- Team member growth and development support
- Complimentary professional development and continuing education courses
- Discounted industry certifications and events
- CPR/AED reimbursements
- Continuing education reimbursement opportunities
- Internal development program
- Employee Referral Reward program
Plus One, an Optum company, is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in a culture of equal employment and opportunity for all people. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, familial responsibilities, citizenship status, military or protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. Plus One provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants where applicable; for more information, contact our HR department at email@example.com.
For residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, New York City, and Washington only : The hourly rate for this position ranges from $19.50 to $35. Pay is based on several factors including, but not limited to, education, work experience, certifications, geographic differentials, and other business and organizational needs. In addition to the hourly rate, Plus One offers a comprehensive benefits package (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements), which includes health insurance, life and disability benefits, 401(k) plan, and paid time off. Plus One, an Optum Company, adheres to all federal, state, and local minimum wage requirements.