Under the direction of the Fitness Director/Coordinator/Administrator and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the CrossFit Instructor will work with individuals and groups to help them achieve their fitness/health goals. The Instructor will provide coaching expertise to members to enhance their workout routine and encourage them to reach their individual fitness and wellness goals. Trainers are also expected to provide general health guidance and to direct clients to seek the proper professional help when it is appropriate.
- Promote the Cross Fit program to members and community at assigned branch
- Responsible for teaching a minimum of 2 classes per week
- Responsible for developing and implementing a specialized exercise program for clients based on personal fitness goals
- Help clients reach their health and fitness goals through appropriate cardiovascular, flexibility, and resistance exercise movements
- Offers ongoing guidance, support, and motivation
- Explain safety rules and know how to properly demonstrate movements
- Build member relations through active promotion and marketing of program services
- Report any problems or safety concerns to director
- Perform administrative tasks associated with class attendance/participation
- Dedication to maintaining personal integrity and your own health and fitness
- Comply with all departmental safety guidelines to ensure standards are met
- Stay up to date on fitness and nutrition information through workshops, continuing education classes, fitness events, etc.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, training and functions as part of the staff team
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance according to departmental uniform guidelines
- Actively participate in community fundraising campaigns i.e. Annual Giving, etc.
- Must hold Cross Fit Level 1 certification or higher
- Advanced qualifications are required including but not limited to: At least three years of experience, averaging 2 hours of coaching per week or more, OR a 4 year degree in health or a related field or the equivalent education/experience, OR additional certification in related field
- All mandatory YMCA of Greater Charlotte trainings must be completed by the required date
- Passion for helping people achieve their fitness goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Reliable, self-motivated, and self-starter
- Outgoing personality with a natural ability to build positive and trusting relationships
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to promote programs and services
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor and genuine committed in providing quality service
- Willing to work flexible work hours based on clients availability
- Basic computer skills i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to teach classes at a variety of days/times.
- Ability to work irregular work hours, including nights and weekends on occasion.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit while maintaining alertness for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Ability to view/enter data for long periods of time.
- Ability to “spot” participants.