Assistant Program Manager, Atlanta, GA
Hours: M-F, combination of opening, midday and closing shifts between the hours of 6a-7p
Benefits eligible, full medical/vision/dental, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, professional development and much more!
If you are a leader looking for a growth opportunity within corporate fitness, we want to hear from you! HealthFitness is seeking a passionate fitness influencer to contribute to all management, operations, technical and administrative functions of a large onsite health and fitness program. In this role, you will oversee day to day operations, routinely serve as Manager on Duty and coordinate motivational fitness and wellness programs. Let's take a closer look at your direct impact:
What you will be doing:
- Assists with staff supervision, which may include part-time staff, on-call group exercise instructors, personal trainers, and interns. Oversee/supervise the day-to-day activities at the site which includes opening/closing, employee schedules, and ensuring proper protocols and procedures are followed to maintain the efficient operation of the facility.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/ service offerings and initiatives, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy to meet client objectives. In the absence of the Program Manager may assist with employment forms, payroll records and billing worksheets according to contract provisions and HealthFitness policies.
- Develops and implements individual fitness programs, health education activities, motivational programs and special events; assists with coordinating and developing marketing materials and communications to maximize program engagement.
- Assists with the development, coordination, training, engagement and ongoing strategy for the Group Fitness and Personal Training programs both onsite and virtually.
- Works with Program Manager to ensure all staff is properly trained and holds appropriate, current certifications necessary for safe and effective program delivery; provides continuous feedback and coaching to all program staff to ensure quality of all programs and services being delivered.
- Assists with informal safety checks on a daily basis and performs routine safety audits on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis in accordance with HealthFitness guidelines. Supports Program Manager with staff trainings in company-wide and site-specific safety and accident prevention programs and procedures, emergency preparedness, and incident reporting and corrective action procedures.
- Assists with the management of record and data management activities at the worksite, ensuring the proper storage, retention and confidentiality all data collected in accordance with HealthFitness requirements.
- Performs staff responsibilities as appropriate including floor supervision, fitness testing, exercise prescription, new member facility and equipment orientations, and special event/outreach events.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What you bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline along with 2+ years industry experience OR equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience.
- Current Adult CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute; if not current, will be required prior to start date.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA/NASM, ACSM or NETA; if not current, will be required within 60-120 days.
- Personal Training certification from an industry recognized and HealthFitness approved provider; if not current, will be required within 60-120 days.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services both face to face and virtually.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
Why Work at HealthFitness?
Benefits & Perks: HealthFitness meets the diverse needs of our associates by offering personal and professional development, comprehensive benefits, and flexible employment opportunities. Benefits include health/dental/vision, life insurance, FSA and HSA, 401(k) plan, Employee Assistant Program, Back-up Care for Children, Adults and Elders and many health and wellness initiatives. We also offer a Wellness program that enables employees to participate in health initiatives to reduce their insurance premiums.
You may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 800-636-3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the third consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark/HealthFitness associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.
management, supervisor, BS, gym, health club, assistant, general, operations, wellness, public health, physical education, community health, sports management, athletic trainer