We are looking for a reliable, eager, and dedicated Assistant Manager with a passion for supporting healthy lifestyle habits to work at a high profile company’s fitness center located in San Francisco, CA.
- Provide support and assistance to the Site Leader in all operations and staffing aspects of the fitness center/facility.
- Maintain and improve the quality and service of the fitness center by communicating with clients and team members and encourage feedback.
- Perform quality control checks on all aspects of service delivery within the fitness center/facility such as exercise training sessions, written exercise prescriptions, training session record keeping, fitness assessments, etc.
- Perform the tasks of an Exercise Specialist, Personal Trainer, and Group Fitness instructor, as needed.
- Ensure team members remain current in their certification credentials and complete all assigned on-boarding, education coursework, and training.
- Complete internal development courses through learning management platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Exercise Science, Dance, Physical Education, Kinesiology, Business Management, etc.), and/or a current NCCA-accredited Personal Training Certification.
- Minimum three years of experience in a fitness center or spa facility that has close interactions with members and guests.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants.
- Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker.
- Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Plus One, an Optum Company will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Plus One, part of the Optum Workplace Well-being portfolio of services, provides fitness and well-being services to clients across a broad range of industries, driving employee engagement in health and wellness programs. Our services include fitness, nutrition, ergonomics, wellness coaching and health promotion. Our team members believe that the most effective way to help people adopt a healthier lifestyle is through personal connections infused with hospitality, empathy and a lot of fun.
Perks of working at Plus One, an Optum company:
- Team member health and savings
- Medical plan choices with Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Dental and Vision coverage plans
- 401(k) Retirement & Savings Plan
- Life Insurance (team member, spouse and dependents)
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Transportation and Parking Plans
- Team member well-being:
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness rewards program
- Membership to a fitness and wellness subscription-based platform
- 24/7 health and wellness support through the Employee Assistance program
- Entertainment and consumer discounts
- Dedication to ensuring a cohesive and inclusive culture led by an internal diversity, equity and inclusion council
- Team member growth and development support
- Complimentary professional development and continuing education courses
- Discounted industry certifications and events
- CPR/AED reimbursements
- Continuing education reimbursement opportunities
- Internal development program
- Employee Referral Reward program
Plus One, an Optum company, is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in a culture of equal employment and opportunity for all people. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, familial responsibilities, citizenship status, military or protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. Plus One provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants where applicable; for more information, contact our HR department at email@example.com.
For residents of California, Colorado, New York City, and Washington only: The hourly rate for this position ranges from $19.50 to $35. Pay is based on several factors including, but not limited to, education, work experience, certifications, geographic differentials, and other business and organizational needs. In addition to the hourly rate, Plus One offers a comprehensive benefits package (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements), which includes health insurance, life and disability benefits, 401(k) plan, and paid time off. Plus One, an Optum Company, adheres to all federal, state, and local minimum wage requirements.