Active Wellness is the leading Health Services Management Company passionate about building active communities through fitness and wellness. With 50 sites across the country, our mission is to build and inspire healthier, more active lives through high-touch interactions and technologies that support a better quality of life. We accomplish this by creating inspiring environments, delivering results-based programming, and building meaningful relationships that support positive change in people's lives.
Our team is energetic, active, and fun. We listen to our team, doing what's best for our people while focusing on delivering the best products and programming in the industry. Our employees have continued support, training, and resources to deliver results to our members, and clients.
If you love making a difference in people's lives, we would love to connect. We're dedicated to helping people live the best lives possible, and we're always looking for individuals that are passionate like us to join Team Active.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Health Benefits (eligible employees)
- 401k investment options
- Internship Program
- Competitive Base Salary
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Network of 1200+ fitness industry professionals
- Team Active Training including Quarterly Safety Programs, Member Experience Training, etc.
- Complimentary Employee Well-Being Programs
- Exclusive discounts and memberships on fitness industry associations and training
- Complimentary Club Membership and discounts on all Active products and more!
#1 Health Club, #1 Vendor, Best Innovation, Best Medical Fitness, Top 100 Health Clubs in the US, Best and Brightest in Wellness, Distinguished Service Award
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
SALARY RANGE: $22 - $25 HOURLY (DOE)
Role and Responsibilities
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for carrying out Active Wellness's commitment to service its members in the best fitness environment possible with the friendliest staff, most educated members, cleanest facility, most ethical business practices, and state-of-the-art equipment. This person is responsible for helping the General Manager with the daily operations of the club. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for being fully knowledgeable about operations and emergency procedures while supporting policies and procedures established by Active Wellness. This person also plays one of the most key roles in affecting the membership attrition rate. The hiring and management of the staff to ensure that the staff is well trained and friendly, and implementing member retention efforts and the cleanliness of the site help accomplish this objective.
- Is responsible for assisting in overseeing the site fitness center/s, staff, operations, financial reporting, and programs/services for the client company's employees while exercising good judgment in providing excellent programs and customer service to our members.
- Ensure legendary customer service, a spotless club environment, and friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- Assist in the handling of the operational ordering of supplies within budget guidelines.
- Resolve member and employee issues.
- Report on Payroll, maintenance orders, and RCM issues.
- Be responsive to member feedback.
- Conduct new employee and quarterly staff safety training
- Administer emergency care to members and guests in need of assistance
- Work as a TEAM with all other departments
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- teaching/training experience as that is part of the role (yoga would be a plus)
- 2 years of management experience in hospitality/fitness or related industry.
- Experience in fitness and wellness environment, excellent communication skills, leadership and management skills, customer service oriented, results-oriented, computer skills, ability to multi-task, experience in leading a team, and commitment to the fitness industry.
- 2-year college degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Communication skills, management skills, customer service oriented, results-oriented, basic computer skills, ability to multi-task, and experience in leading a team.
- Supervise Service Desk, Housekeeping, Fitness, and Sales Staff.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and highly responsive with a commitment to customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- AED/CPR/First Aid Certified
- Proof of citizenship or legal status