What do benefits, membership to a state-of-the-art fitness center, up to 20 paid holidays, PTO and working at the JCC have in common? Read below to find out!
The Place: The Oshman Family Jewish Community Center (OFJCC) is an exciting and innovative non-profit organization in the heart of Silicon Valley. We create fun, meaningful, inclusive and joyful experiences through educational, social, cultural, spiritual, fitness and wellness programs. Join us! Year-round positions available!
The Job: Do you have a passion for the pool and the enthusiasm to be a rock star manager? If so, you will love working around our fabulous indoor and outdoor pools! As the Aquatics Manager you will oversee the employees and programs of the Aquatics Department while supporting the members who participate in the Aquatics Center. You are responsible for the overall safety and operation of the Aquatics facilities and equipment. In this role you will ensure all club and department policies and Aquatic programs run smoothly.
· Medical, dental, vision insurance
· Paid holidays and paid time off
· 403(b) retirement
· Free membership at our award-winning fitness center
· Discounts for OFJCC Preschool, Camps and after school programs
· Fun, motivating workplace
Benefits exceptions apply, based on # hours worked per week
The Core Duties:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Coordinate and supervise all programs in the Aquatics department; including but not limited to youth swim lessons, swim team, adult programming, etc.
· Ensure that the JCC regularly provides on-site Lifeguard training classes
· Responsible for achieving an annual revenue goal
· Manage Aquatics program marketing, scheduling and registration
· Recruit, hire, and train all Aquatics staff; including Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Coaches and Coordinator(s)
· Supervise and manage schedules, timecards, payroll and certifications for the Aquatics staff (25-50 staff depending on season)
· Maintain documentation of in-service training, lifeguard certifications, incident reports, maintenance records, slide and pool chemistry checks
· Dynamic, enthusiastic, energetic, friendly & personable
· 2 years minimum management experience in fitness/aquatics industry
· Excellent communication skills, customer service oriented commitment to fitness industry/environment
· Lifeguard Training/CPR/AED/First Aid Certified required or able to obtain within 30 days of hire
· Lifeguard Training Instructor Certified preferred
· Water Safety Instructor Certified preferred
· Ability to multi-task
· Must have the ability to inspire and motivate others
· Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, with good time management and great follow-up skills
· Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed