Oversees all fitness operations to ensure the delivery of professional, high quality, safe and innovative health and fitness classes and instruction to our membership.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Ensures new members are scheduled with Trainers for new member orientation and assimilation into the club
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Develops and manages to department operating budget
• Responsible for generating Personal Training revenue
• Required to participate in weekly instruction of Personal Training
• Ensures retention & satisfaction of all members
• Develops high quality exercise programming, testing & personal training
• Manages inventory of athletic supplies and equipment; assists with selection of fitness equipment
• Ensures completion of all administrative responsibilities as required (payroll administration, purchasing & billing)
• Ensures cleanliness of fitness facility and maintenance of equipment
• Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Approachable management style which includes supervising and managing staff members, planning, assigning and direct work/projects, appraising performance, and annual individual/team goals of personal training staff and floor fitness counselors.
• Hiring, staffing, scheduling and training of department staff
• Prepare and manage departmental budget
• Place high emphasis on the importance of the social element. This includes participation in planning and execution of club events as needed, such as Parent’s Night Out, Jazz By The Pool and Casino Night.
• Participates in the Manager on Duty System
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in exercise science or related field
• At least one nationally recognized fitness certification (ACE, NASM. ACSM, NSCA)
• Three plus years of successful experience managing a fitness department in an upscale facility
• Strong understanding of exercise science
• Outstanding member service skills
• Strong leadership & staff development abilities
• Ability to develop & manage to budget
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is
• Ability to effectively delegate
• Strong team building skills including ability to lead, train, cooperate and contribute as part of a team
• Committed to learning, personal growth, and continual process improvement
• Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
• Demonstrate initiative to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
• Willing to "roll-up" sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) and Outlook
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
This position requires frequent standing, walking, and running, grasping, bending and kneeling in regards to one on one and group Personal Training. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. To ensure the safe use of equipment by training clients and other members, personal trainers may be required to periodically lift heavy amounts – up to 75 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Involves typical office or administrative work and member outdoor activity and events in hot weather