Assistant Fitness Director, Performance and Equipment - Cambridge, MA
Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm with periodic evening and weekend event coverage
**Please include cover letter & resume with application**
MIT Recreation, managed by HealthFitness, is looking for an Assistant Fitness Director, Performance and Equipment onsite in Cambridge, MA. In this highly administrative role, you will be responsible for the pricing, programming, and policies for personal training, fitness assessment, and fitness instructional programs. You will also oversee equipment maintenance and repair at both Zesiger and Wang fitness centers and direct delivery of fitness/performance related wellness content across campus. Other responsibilities include:
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule, supervise, evaluate a diverse group of personal trainers, CrossFit certified instructors, multisport instructors and other fitness/performance related staff. Direct reports include 15-20 part-time employees in addition to 20 part-time indirect reports.
- Manage the robust personal training program and respond to patron requests, comments and concerns with a customer service focused lens. Assist in frontline fitness center coverage, management of facility & operations, rentals and special events.
- Zesiger and Wang fitness center, and wellness studio equipment inventory including record keeping, repair and preventative maintenance, developing proposals on liquidation and purchasing, and management of the equipment preventative maintenance contract.
- Directly oversee the EngineerYourHealth+ program with the MIT Office of Student Wellbeing.
- Assist in development and implementation of MIT Recreation policies and procedures. Attend and actively contribute in staff meetings for MIT Recreation Management, Fitness team, and Individual fitness meetings. Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Programs & Wellness.