This position supports the work of the Y, a leading charity committed to strengthening community. The Wellness Director manages the health and wellness department, which includes the wellness center, wellness programs and services, aerobics programs. As the Wellness Director, you will staff, payroll, budget management, as well as program and service development and oversight with member retention as the primary goal.
Certifications and education credentials MUST be uploaded to the DOCUMENTS section of your Presence/Application.
- BA/BS in Physical Ed., Recreation, Sports Mgt., OR a related field OR equivalent experience.
- Two year of previous experience with budget mgt., staff supervision, and program development preferred.
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED, and national certification (YMCA, ACE, NETA, AFAA, or NASM) in Personal Training Instruction OR YMCA Foundations Strength and Conditioning required.
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 60 days of hire.
- Excellent human relation skills, good organizational and communication skills.