This position supports the work of the Y, a leading charity committed to strengthening community. This role is responsible for managing the health and wellness department; which includes the wellness center, wellness programs and services, aerobics programs. This includes staff, payroll, budget management, as well as program and service development and oversight with member retention as a primary goal.
- BA/BS in Physical Ed., Recreation, Sports Mgt. OR a related field OR equivalent experience.
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED, and national certification (YMCA, ACE, NETA, AFAA, or NASM) in Personal Training Instruction OR YMCA Foundations Strength and Conditioning required.
- Previous work experience (1-3 years) in customer service, sales or related experience.
- Minimum two years of experience managing staff.
- Prior work experience with budget management, staff scheduling and training preferred.
- Strong computers with proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Publisher).
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.