Looking for an opportunity to use your passion for health and fitness at a fun, family-owned gym? Wildcat Fitness in Durham, NH is looking for a certified personal trainer who is passionate about delivering an amazing training experience!
Wildcat Fitness has been open for nearly 10 years and is still very much a community gym with a small-town feel. We are located down the road from UNH and embrace both our student population as well as adults and non-residents.
If you are someone who is super enthusiastic about the fitness industry and looking to make a real difference in people’s lives please check out below what we are looking for in an ideal candidate.
Please reach out to the gym or Mark Ferland (Fitness Director) at his cell number if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
• Nationally accredited personal training certification through the NCCA (NASM, NSCA, ACE, NESTA, ACSM, among others)
• At least 1-year of personal training/group exercise experience preferred but not required
• At least 1-year in a customer service/sales position preferred but not required
• CPR/AED certification prior to hire
The ideal candidate will have:
• A desire to provide an awesome training experience!
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• The ability to design effective, strategic, customized training programs for a wide variety of clients.
• Thorough understanding of science based progressive training programs
• The motivation to build their client base through marketing, social media and learning how to-and-conduct fitness assessments with prospective clients
• A hunger to always be learning and building on their education.
• Assist in development and implementation of club programs and events.
• Participate in all staff related meetings and other required activities.
• Be a role model by leading by example and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
• Strive to dress professionally, according to the current dress code standards.
What do we offer?
• A great team environment that empowers you to be the best trainer YOU can be!
• Competitive industry wages
• Flexible scheduling based on client needs and your own availability.
• The ability to utilize our classroom to run bootcamps and other classes (group exercise certification required) if you would like to do both!
• We can offer front desk hours to supplement your income if needed – this is on a case-by-case basis depending on club needs.
• Must be able to physically or verbally demonstrate proper usage of equipment and exercise recommendations. While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to demonstrate movements; preferably able to lift between 45-70lbs; occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.