In this fun, fast paced role, you will perform a variety of duties such as recruit, design, and deliver safe, fun, dynamic and effective personal training sessions for Sedalia Parks and Recreation fitness center at the Heckart Community Center. This position will be responsible for creating and implementing workout programs for clients one-on-one or in group settings at the Heckart Community Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
1. Design and deliver safe, fun, dynamic and effective personal training sessions as a one-on-one or small group.
2. Educate clients and enforce policies regarding safe and proper use of equipment and facilities.
3. Familiarize clients with the safe and effective use of all cardiovascular, resistance, and free weight equipment.
4. Recruit new clients and retain current clients.
5. Preform client assessments.
6. Schedule and coordinate client sessions in a timely manner.
7. Develop, document, and implement one-on-one workout programs that match the needs and goals of clients.
8. Instruct clients on basic exercise physiology and inform them as to proper lifting and exercise technique.
9. Maintain client files per Sedalia Parks & Recreation standards.
10. Provide safe and effective spotting techniques to clients.
11. Demonstrate on-going competence in providing one-on-one training services and small group training services.
12. Regularly inspect equipment and report any safety or maintenance needs.
13. Keep personal training areas organized, clean, and inviting.
14. Provide support to the Recreation Supervisor-Fitness & Wellness as needed and assigned.
15. Represent Sedalia Parks & Recreation in a professional manner and act as an ambassador at all times.
16. Maintain familiarity with current fitness trends, protocol, methods and programs.
17. Greet members and potential members promptly, professionally and politely.
18. Provide customer-focused attention during each member interaction by demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
19. Assists in selling programs and memberships by proactively engaging in conversations on the benefits of Sedalia Parks & Recreation programs and memberships.
20. Collaborate with all center staff to ensure service excellence and timely follow up to all member questions and/or complaints.
21. Maintains program site and equipment.
22. Assists with monthly reports.
23. Maintain a professional appearance. Always wear name tags and appropriate uniform.
24. Arrive for scheduled shift on time and be ready for work to begin.
25. Complete projects/tasks as assigned by the Recreation Supervisor- Fitness & Wellness
26. Maintain first aid, CPR and AED certifications, as well as knowing all safety and emergency procedures for the facility and being able to act quickly and responsibly in emergencies.
27. Assists other staff with first-aid and CPR/AED in the event of an emergency.
28. Demonstrates work ethic, ingenuity, customer care, and attention to detail.
29. Apply rules and policies of Sedalia Parks & Recreation equally to persons in and/or using the facility.
30. Performs other duties as assigned.
Condition of Employment:
1. Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and agree to be subject to random drug screen throughout employment.
2. Must pass a Background Criminal Investigation check.
3. Must be willing and available to work early morning, morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled by immediate supervisor, not to exceed 1,500 hours per year.
4. Possess current CPR/AED and standard First Aid certification.
1. NCCA recognized certification: NASM, ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA
2. High School diploma plus six (6) months experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Possess current CPR/AED and standard First Aid certification.
4. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills relating to all age groups: youth, teens, adults, older adults.
5. Knowledge of park and recreation practices and programs preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of data entry into the computer, and knowledge of telephone etiquette.
2. Demonstrated ability to be highly organized and possess strong planning skills.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
4. Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
Tools and Equipment
Personal computer, point of sale computer, 10-key calculator, telephone, copy machine, fitness equipment.
Guidelines include city and department policies and procedures, Health Department codes, and American Red Cross guidelines. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
Principal Working Relationships:
Contacts are typically with co-workers, park board members, members of civic and community groups, vendors, managers, instructors, maintenance workers, and the general public.
Purpose of Contacts:
Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, crouching, talking and hearing. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
2. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Work is performed primarily in fitness center area, but may also be exposed to occasional outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium.