GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the supervision and direction of the Vice President of Membership & Wellness, the Metro Group Exercise Support Coordinator is responsible for providing and implementing strategic leadership and innovative programming for group exercise. A 30 hour work week will be necessary to accomplish the assigned duties.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor's Degree in fitness related field
2. Group Exercise certification
- Must be able to routinely perform the following physical activities; climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for extended periods of time, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity to perform detailed tasks
- Must have ability to communicate effectively; both orally and in writing
- Must possess problem solving, organizational and task management skills; ability to make independent and sound decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be detail oriented and exhibit a high degree of accuracy and alertness
- Must demonstrate initiative in absence of supervision
- Must be able to relate to and work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner
- Must work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently and lead by assigned goals, duties and deadlines
- Must possess ability to exercise high levels of discretion and confidentiality
- Must present a neat and professional appearance at all times
- Commitment to the YMCA mission, vision and values
- Must attend New Employee Orientation within 30 days of hire
- Complete CPR/AED, First Aid, O2, Listen First in accordance with Conditions of Employment
- Understand and abide-by all policies and procedures as set forth by the association
- Work a schedule that reflects the needs of the branch
1. Working with Association’s Training Program in developing, scheduling and implementing group exercise staff development courses and classes so employees maintain required certifications and CECs.
2. Ensuring all Association personnel policies and procedures are adhered to within all group exercise areas.
3. Assisting Directors/coordinators in completing performance evaluations of group exercise staff.
4. Assisting in recruiting new group exercise staff for the Association.
5. Providing feedback and input for a successful hiring process for group exercise staff.
1. Providing written vision for group exercise annually that will guide a strategic implementation of programs and policies.
2. Developing and implementing innovative programs that provide member engagement and participation growth in group exercise.
3. Reviewing and providing suggestions for efficiencies in schedules for branches.
4. Developing a systematic approach and an implementation process to auditing group exercise programs.
5. Working with all staff and Branch Directors to ensure new initiatives and programs are supported and executed for success.
1. Implementing strategies to grow group exercise program participation.
2. Continually looking for ways to incorporate more efficient operating practices.
3. Maintaining and being thoroughly knowledgeable with systems of financial control including revenues, expenses and inventories as outlined in the Operational Manual.
1. Demonstrating four character values: caring, respect, honesty and responsibility.
2. Association wellness goals and strategies are adhered to and effectively communicated on a regular basis to staff and Branch Directors.
3. Maintaining complete familiarity with all wellness related risk management procedures and policies.
4. Promoting and supporting the Strong Community Campaign.
5. Adhering to all systems and procedures as outlined in the Association’s operational manual.
6. Participating in association-wide projects when needed.
7. All other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT: Provide leadership and guidance to all group exercise staff at facility branches to increase member retention, growth in participation, and ensure high quality programming and instruction. In turn, member satisfaction will increase as seen through the net promoter scores, and the Wichita YMCA seen as the community leader in wellness.