Join Team Active - Personal Trainer @ Scotts Valley, CA
100 Enterprise Way
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
Active Sports Club Scotts Valley is looking for stellar Personal Trainers to join our growing team and help us continue to deliver exceptional service and guidance to our clients and members. As a Personal Trainer, you have the opportunity to impact the lives of our members and help them reach new levels of health and fitness. If you are passionate about the fitness industry and pride yourself on being service-minded, this is the job for you!
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
Prepare and deliver sound, evidence-based comprehensive exercise programs based on individual client goals
Motivate and inspire clients to achieve results through S.M.A.R.T. goal setting and tracking progress
Coach and motivate members at every stage of their fitness journey
Schedule and conduct new member onboarding sessions, including conducting fitness assessments (movement and postural assessment, body composition tests)
Support, teach and encourage members to meet his/her fitness goals
Maintain an active client base and build a referral network
Sell and deliver personal training programs/packages to clients
Assist with new member outreach and follow-up with low users
Be the club goodwill ambassador by greeting and assisting members to ensure safe and enjoyable use of the club
Maintain a clean, safe and orderly fitness floor
Work together as a team with all departments, including massage and group exercise
Assist in development and implementation of new fitness programs/classes
Attend fitness department and fitness training meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current
|Job Requirements: |
Skills & Qualifications
- Communication skills, customer service oriented
- Operational knowledge of resistance training equipment and proper form
- Knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics
- Knowledge of injury prevention and basic rehabilitation
- Knowledge of basic movement and posture assessments and body composition assessments
- Ability to calculate target heart rate
- Basic knowledge in nutrition
- Four (4) years college degree in fitness related field or certificate from accredited 2-year program at a university preferred
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification Required within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum one (1) NCCA or NBFE accredited certification
- Proof of citizenship or legal status.
- Personal Trainer experience preferred but not required.
- Previous health club personal training experience is a plus
Physical and Working Conditions
• Physical requirements: Ability to lift a minimum of 45 lbs, ability to spot a client lifting weights
• Fitness club environment.
• Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards