Active Personal Trainer is responsible for managing the fitness floor, being responsive to members and guests by offering assistance, and educating Active Wellness members on the safe and correct use of cardio and weight training equipment. This person also performs assessments, provides package prescriptions, answers fitness and wellness related questions, and sells personal training packages.
Essential Functions:The responsibilities of a Personal Trainer include, but are not limited to:
- Sell and deliver personal training sessions to clients
- Schedule and conduct new member onboarding sessions
- Assist with new member outreach and follow-up with low users
- Assist members in using safe and effective exercise form during their workouts
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly fitness floor, racking weights. Includes picking up loose towels, water bottles, magazines, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Perform fitness assessments (movement and posture assessments, blood pressure checks, body composition tests) as requested by members
- Support, teach and encourage members to meet his/her fitness goals
- Work together as a team with all departments
- Assist in development and implementation of new fitness programs/classes
- Be the club goodwill ambassador and greet and assist members
- Develop relationships and encourage member referrals
- Enforce Active Wellness Center policies, such as cell phone use, etc.
- Attend fitness department and fitness training meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current