Health Fitness Specialist (on-call)
Miami, FL 33174
HealthFitness has a great opportunity for an on-call (hours based on demand) Health Fitness Specialist at our client site in Miami, FL. In this position, you will assist with daily management and upkeep of the on on-site fitness center. You will be responsible for welcoming new members through new member orientations, assisting members through exercise prescriptions and referring members to additional on-site services as appropriate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Customer Service: Greet all employees and assist to their needs.
• Provide instruction on proper exercise equipment use and techniques.
• Maintain a visibly positive and approachable composure to promote member/employee interaction.
• Floor Interaction: circulate on fitness floor interacting with members- correcting form, encouraging workouts, and engaging at all times.
• Address member concerns and questions involving Fitness Center or programs taking place within the Fitness Center or Health & Well-Being.
• Available and knowledgeable on various types of free weight spotting techniques.
• Administer fitness assessments, orientations and exercise prescriptions for members.
• Take the initiative to develop, implement and evaluate fitness programming related to the strategic plan and within Health & Well-Being.
• Provide education to employees through one-one sessions, presentations and offsite visits, educational materials, bulletin boards, etc.
• Attend all mandatory staff meetings and training sessions.
• Communicate and relay information, concerns, feedback etc. to the Fitness Operations Coordinator or Program Manager directly or through lead staff.
• Help to promote the programs within the fitness center.
• Complete administrative duties related to specific programs (i.e.: metrics, marketing, program timelines, etc.).
• Adhere to policies, procedures and required staff trainings.
• Performs facility maintenance responsibilities as needed; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
• Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
• Maintains participant files and database.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline from a four-year college or university.
• Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
• Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link: https://trustmark-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=300949&version=2
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness • 1700 West 82nd Street, Suite 200 • Minneapolis, MN 55431
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer