Health Fitness has an excellent new opportunity for a part-time (20 hours per week) Health Fitness Specialist at our corporate client site located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina! In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and assisting in the delivery of health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will also be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
• Monitors facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
• Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
• Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs and promotions.
• Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
• Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
• Assists in creating and maintaining bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing and communication materials.
• Maintains participant files and database.
• Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
• Researches health and fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate member education materials.
• Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
• Projects and other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
The success of HealthFitness is dependent on the quality and service provided by our employees. As such, HealthFitness’ commitment to our associates is exemplified by one of the best combined compensation and benefits packages in the industry. If you are interested in a career with HealthFitness, please apply directly at: https://goo.gl/p2PQxK
• Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline is required; completion of internship program is preferred.
• Current First Aid and CPR/AED certification from the Red Cross or AHA is preferred, but will be required within 90 days of employment.
• Industry recognized certification in group exercise instruction is preferred; experience instructing a variety of group exercise formats is strongly preferred.
• Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, NASM, NSCA or ACSM is preferred, but will be required within 90 days of employment.
• Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription a plus.
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to sit; occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands and fingers to handle and feel. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include: close, distance, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.