Health Fitness Specialist
Pewaukee, WI 53072
HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a part-time (approximately 26 hours per week) Health Fitness Specialist at our client site located in Pewaukee, Wisconsin! In this position, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will also be responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction. Hours: Sundays from 6am-12pm or 12:30pm-7pm (alternates); Mondays from 4am-10am; Tuesdays from 4am-12pm; and Wednesdays from 4am-10am.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Administer Fitness Assessments including blood pressure, heart rate, body composition, flexibility, muscular strength and endurance, and sub-maximal track/treadmill test.
• Orient members to the equipment and develop programs to fit their goals and interests.
• Organization of new member files, including screenings, phone calls, referrals to physicians and complete assessments.
• Assist in member motivation programs throughout the facility.
• Help maintain all fitness equipment, including cleaning.
• Conduct information health related group discussions internally and externally with the community.
• Interacting with West Wood Health and Fitness members and circulating on the floor to help correct form and technique.
• Be able to properly demonstrate all equipment on the Fitness Floor.
• Plan, implement and evaluate leagues, clinics and lessons for the center.
• Participate in community health fairs and events.
• Attend monthly staff meetings and all scheduled all associate meetings.
HOW TO APPLY
The success of HealthFitness is dependent on the quality and service provided by our employees. As such, HealthFitness’ commitment to our associates is exemplified by one of the best combined compensation and benefits packages in the industry. If you are interested in a career with HealthFitness, please apply directly at: https://goo.gl/dQFKnc
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) required.
• Current CPR/AED and first aid certifications from the Red Cross or AHA required.
• Current Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM or NSCA strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.