Health Fitness Professional
Lynn, MA 01910
HealthFitness has an exciting new opportunity for a full-time (40 hours per week) Health Fitness Professional at our corporate client site located in Lynn, Massachusetts! As the Health Fitness Professional, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision within the fitness center, interacting with members and program participants, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. In this role, you will also be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
• Monitors facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
• Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
• Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
• Assists with the development and delivery of a variety of health improvement programs and promotions.
• Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
• Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
• Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing and communication materials.
• Maintains participant files and database.
• Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
• Researches health and fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate member educational materials.
• Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
• Projects and other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
The success of HealthFitness is dependent on the quality and service provided by our employees. As such, HealthFitness’ commitment to our associates is exemplified by one of the best combined compensation and benefits packages in the industry. If you are interested in a career with HealthFitness, please apply directly at: https://goo.gl/iEgtvG
• Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or a related discipline is required; completion of an internship program preferred.
• 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
• Current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications from the Red Cross or AHA required.
• Personal Training certification (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA, or NASM) is required.
• Industry recognized Group Exercise certification is preferred; experience instructing a variety of group exercise formats and/or CrossFit is strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
• Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.