Health Fitness Professional
Stamford, CT 06902
HealthFitness has an exciting, brand new opportunity for a full-time (40 hours per week) Health Fitness Professional at our corporate client site located in Stamford, Connecticut! As a Health Fitness Professional, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will also be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
• Supervises the floor to build member relationships and monitor safety.
• Assists in the development and implementation of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs and promotions.
• Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
• Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage participants.
• Assists in facility administrative and cleaning needs.
• Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participants' interests, abilities and goals.
• Conducts personal training sessions in line with HealthFitness protocols.
• Researches health and fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/presentations.
• Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
• Performs facility maintenance responsibilities as needed; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times.
• Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
• Maintains participant files and database.
• Participates in site business planning and budgeting process.
• Projects and other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
The success of HealthFitness is dependent on the quality and service provided by our employees. As such, HealthFitness’ commitment to our associates is exemplified by one of the best combined compensation and benefits packages in the industry. If you are interested in a career with HealthFitness, please apply directly at: https://goo.gl/DynEEH
• Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health Promotion, or a related field is required.
• A minimum of 1 year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certification from the AHA or Red Cross is required.
• Industry recognized certification in Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM or NSCA) is preferred, but will be required within 6 months of hire.
• Industry recognized certification in Group Exercise Instruction is preferred; experience instructing group exercise classes is strongly preferred.
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
• Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.