If you're looking for an opportunity to empower individuals in their journey to better health, we'd love to hear from you! HealthFitness has a new opportunity for a Health Fitness Professional at our client site located in Princeton, NJ. In this position, you will coordinate, implement, and/or deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding in-person and virtual services to members and program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
This position will start virtually at 32 hours per week, with the possibility of increasing to 40 hours per week once back onsite – tentative return to site date mid-October.
What you will be doing:
- Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Leads and instructs individual and group exercise classes and personal training sessions both onsite and virtually; educates participants on proper form, technique, and safety protocols while providing detailed feedback and support.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs, promotions and outreach activities both onsite and virtually to gain new participants, increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Conducts standardized fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/presentations either in person or virtually; completes all HealthFitness required trainings.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters, topic of the day/week and other marketing & communication materials.
- Coordinates internship program; oversees the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of student interns.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What you bring with you:
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) and/or 2+ years’ fitness and wellness industry experience, along with fitness industry certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- CPR/AED certification through American Heart Association, Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute preferred but required within 90 days.
It would be great if you have:
- 1+ year related experience.
- Industry recognized certification in Group Exercise instruction.
- Personal Training industry certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, or NASM.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services in-person and virtually.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel, Outlook and Google Workspace.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Experience with personal training and small group training.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.