Calling all fitness professionals! If you are passionate about empowering others to reach their fitness goals, we'd love to hear from you. HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a Health Fitness Professional at our new client located in Spencer, IN! In this position, you will coordinate, implement, and/or deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/presentations.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Coordinates internship program; oversees the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of student interns.
What you bring with you:
You must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- Current CPR/AED certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification preferred but required within 6 months of start date.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM preferred but required within 6 months of start date.
It would be great if you have:
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.