If you are looking for an opportunity to inspire others in their journey to better health, we'd love to hear from you! HealthFitness has a new opportunity for a full-time (40 hours/week) Health Fitness Professional at our client site located in Sparks, MD. In this position, you will oversee day to day operations of the facility, develop health and wellness programs including group exercise and personal training. The ideal candidate must be friendly, knowledgeable about fitness and encouraging in a corporate fitness environment.
- Produces a regular newsletter related to health and fitness.
- Teach a variety of group exercise classes.
- Facilitates health and wellness programs.
- Provides personal training to members.
What you bring with you:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- Minimum 2+ years related industry experience required, previous program coordination experience.
- Current First Aid, CPR and AED certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Industry recognized group exercise certification required within 4 months of starting.
- Recognized industry certification (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM) in Personal Training required within 4 months of starting.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.