Teach an older adult curriculum (EnhanceFitness) that includes flexibility, aerobics, strength and balance training. Classes are held three times per week, each session is one hour.
Current group fitness or personal trainer certification from a nationally recognized association. National certification must be from ACE, ACSM, NASM, NCCPT, NETA, PTAG, NESTA, CI, or IFPA. Candidates may be given up to 90 days to obtain the required certification.
Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of hire.
Current CPR certification. Candidates may be given up to 90 days from the date of hire to obtain this certification.
Successful completion of the EnhanceFitness New Instructor Training upon hire.
The successful candidate must pass a background check.
- Teaches scheduled classes; provides adequate warm-up, exercises, stretching, and cool down.
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for each class.
- Organizes class space. Stores all equipment and returns room to its original arrangement.
- Assists patrons, answers questions, and maintains a positive exercise experience for members and class participants.
- Keeps management informed of customer and facility needs.
- Ensures that safety standards are met.
- Adapt exercises for the level of strength or frailty of each participant.
- Participate in training opportunities provided by sponsoring organization.
- Complete administrative record keeping functions, including health history forms, physical notification letters, class roster report, and evaluations.
- Instruct participants in importance and relevance of fitness testing and conduct fitness tests per prescribed protocols.
- Exhibits professional behavior as a representative of Salt Lake County Aging and Adult Services.