Group Fitness Coach
Orangetheory Fitness is a trendsetting franchise fitness organization with 1,000+ locations open in the US and Canada and 550+ new fitness studios under development nationally and internationally.
Orangetheory Fitness is currently seeking a motivated, high energy Group Fitness Coach for one of our amazing studios. As part of the Coaching Staff, the Group Fitness Coach is responsible for delivering 60-90 minute, scientifically predesigned group workouts. This position requires the utmost coordination and multi-tasking skills with the ability to simultaneously coach, manage time rotations, and motivate multiple clients in a group setting. A Group Fitness Coach with Orangetheory Fitness must focus on functional fitness, including endurance, strength, and power, using the tools given to optimize the client's experience and fitness results'all while delivering of our brand of fitness, and drive Orangetheory Fitness growth goals and the overarching theme of #Morelife for our members.
So what does an awesome Orangetheory Fitness employee look like? They are:
- Passionate about fitness and helping others achieve their fitness goals
- Strong leadership ability with the drive to motivate and mentor others
- Outgoing and energetic seeking to expand their career in the fitness industry
- Someone who enjoys teamwork and wants to be a part of a world class fitness company
- Enthusiastic about changing people's lives through fitness and community
- Interested in further development of their professional skills in fitness
- Likes the color orange (Trust us, you'll be wearing a lot of it!)
Does this sound like you? Then you're probably the right person for us!
At Orangetheory Fitness, we are all about fitness and fun. We create exciting and rewarding experiences for our team members that are motivated, career driven, and fitness-minded who have a passion to positively impact the lives of other while striving to reach their own goals.
Still here? Awesome! Here are some of the responsibilities of a Group Fitness Coach:
- Delivering predesigned workouts to groups of up to 28+ clients per class
- Energizing and motivating clients throughout their workout sessions
- Developing client rapport to sustain and retain Orangetheory Fitness attendance and current clientele
- Ensuring safety of participants in regards to heart rate and exercise technique, which may include modified exercises to accommodate various skill levels
- Assisting Orangetheory Sales Associates with studio tours, member inquiries, and studio sales
- Attending and participating in monthly fitness staff meetings and required educational presentations.
At Orangetheory Fitness, you will participate in the operation and success of a fast-paced fitness studio, and build relationships with Orangetheory Fitness members and the community in order to help maintain and build strong member base. You will also be responsible providing studio members with a best in class customer experience. And, if you are interested in progressing your career, Orangetheory Fitness has a dedicated path of advancement from a Group Fitness Coach to a full time Head Coach.
So what are the requirements for an Orangetheory Fitness Group Fitness Coach?
- At least 1-year of experience teaching group fitness or personal training
- CPR/AED certification
- Bachelor's degree in an exercise related field (preferred)
- Current fitness certification from an OTF approved education company such as ACSM, ACE, NASM, NSCA, and/or AFAA
- Knowledge of physiology, exercise technique, and body mechanics
- Can (truly) multi-task and stay organized
- Practice positive, motivating and effective interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate the desire and capacity to train all fitness levels
- Can safely lift and move up to 40lbs
Company Benefits & Perks: Benefits are very important to us. We are constantly looking for ways to increase our benefit package to attract and retain top candidates.
- Flexible schedules
- WORKOUT FOR FREE!
- Fitness casual dress-code
- Passionate, collaborative work environment
- Ongoing training and development
Still with us? Please submit your resume and cover letter stating why this is the position for you!
- This employment opportunity is with one of the largest independently owned and operated Orangetheory Fitness Franchise, OT Growth Partners.
- OT Growth Partners participates in the federal government's E-Verify Program.
- OT Growth Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
- OT Growth Partners is an Employment-at-Will Employer