We are seeking a full-time Fitness Instructor to teach fitness and/or aquatic classes, provide personal training to residents, instruct on fitness equipment and safety, administer assessments and monitor pool and spa to ensure resident safety.
40 hours/week: 5 days weekly with a rotating Saturday. Daily hours schedules vary between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm or 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Teach a variety of fitness and/or aquatic classes at appropriate levels of ability and intensity, assessing the needs and capabilities of all class participants and teaching exercises in a safe and efficient manner.
- Act as Pool Monitor, ensuring safety and well-being of swimmers.
- Assess the needs and capabilities of individuals and devise personal exercise programs according to individual needs and level of fitness.
- Provide advice to individuals on the correct method and use of fitness equipment.
- Track resident attendance at fitness programs.
- Provide personal training to residents.
- Follow safety and rescue policies and procedures and emergency call procedures.
- Keep pool area and locker rooms safe and neat.
- Enforce pool rules and health regulations.
- Carry out pool closing procedures.
- Report equipment/environment issues.
- Maintain positive relationship with residents.
- Provide administrative support to Fitness & Recreation Manager.
- Communicate resident issues/concerns to Fitness & Recreation Manager.
- Ensure that fitness equipment is properly set up and maintained.
- Consult with Fitness & Recreation Manager to devise health and fitness programs.
- Notify the Fitness & Recreation Manager when unable to fulfill schedule and arrange for substitute whenever possible.
- Maintain current Fitness, Water Safety and CPR certification.
- Ensure fitness areas and equipment are free of safety hazards by monitoring daily.
- Clean and sanitize fitness equipment daily.
- Check pool chemicals as scheduled.