Under the guidance of the Branch Executive Director, the Fitness Experience Director is responsible for the oversight of YMCA branch Wellness Center operations and wellness programs, including new member onboarding, Personal Training and Group Exercise. The Fitness Experience Director will implement strategies and plans that ensure the advancement of a comprehensive wellness program utilizing health and wellness best practices. The Fitness Experience Director will create, implement, maintain and evaluate programs that meet community need to foster healthy lifestyles.
- Provide leadership and support to the entire Health & Wellness department, including Fitness Experience Associates, Personal Trainers, and Group Exercise Instructors. Provide oversight to the overall operations of the branch Wellness Center.
- Recruit, hire, train and develop Fitness Experience Associates, Personal Trainers and Group Exercise Instructors with a focus on member engagement and retention.
- Cultivate a member-focused staff team who are fully trained and educated to engage and support Y members and program participants.
- Develop and support department budgets to assure attainment of financial and program goals.
- Responsible for fulfilling Manager on Duty (MOD) shifts as requested.
- Meet or exceed membership retention goals through the effective delivery of high-level customer service and relationship building through all areas of the Health & Wellness Department and the successful oversight and delivery of any and all member retention programs.
- Create systems for member tracking and follow up to ensure consistent program participation.
- Track, maintain and analyze program statistics and report results regularly to ensure effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Provide leadership, direction and support for all aspects of the branch Personal Training program including member experience, staff recruitment and development, administration and financial performance.
- Market the personal training program internally and externally to create program growth and positively impact membership attrition rates.
- Work cohesively with branch Member Director and all staff team members to ensure a robust member experience and the ongoing successful execution of all retention programs.
- Work with Membership Departments to develop collateral materials to promote YMCA health and wellness programs.
- Meet weekly with Executive Director and Member Experience Director to ensure a cohesive culture of teamwork between departments.
- Support all other departments as a member of the branch Leadership Team
- Work collaboratively with other YMCA branches as part of the Fitness Leadership Team.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCAs efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
- Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds
and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community
leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources
for the development of others.
- Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability
and ensures continuous improvement.
- Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A REGULAR ANNUAL SALARY WITH THE OPPORTUNITY FOR COMMISSION.