Certified Personal Trainer
WH Performance, Inc. is a start-up personal training studio in Andersonville, Chicago. We provide inclusive, safe, private spaces and are committed to a HAES (Health at Every Size) model. We are looking for entrepreneurial, self motivated, certified personal trainers for Evening & Weekend availability.
If you are an experienced personal trainer with previous clients, you will receive a signup commission when they buy their first session package. WH Performance will also provide client referrals, website and social media placement and cross-marketing with our partner businesses to help you build your client roster.
Desired expertise includes Pilates, Yoga, Gymnastics, Flexibility, Mobility, Functional Movement, Calisthenics, Strength Training and Cardio Conditioning.
The trainer will be responsible for managing their own client schedule and producing training and instruction videos. They should also proactively grow their client list by marketing themselves in the local community and online via social media, etc.
The trainer should be committed to continuing education, adapting exercises and programs for varying fitness levels, movement goals and body types and should personally pursue best practices in nutrition and fitness.
This is a 1099/contract position, with opportunity to grow into full-time with the company. Competitive compensation based on experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops safe, professional and comprehensive personal training programs to ensure clients are satisfied with their workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal fitness goals
• Monitors and instructs clients during personal training sessions on the safe and effective use of cardiovascular, flexibility and strength training equipment
• Educates members on current health and fitness issues and trends
• Conducts fitness consultations for new clients including pre-participation screening, Medical History, Lifestyle questionnaire, and goal setting to assess and recommend personal training programs
• Refers members to appropriate personal trainer level based on needs
• Fulfills member service requirements such as fitness assessments and equipment operations, service desk duties and fitness equipment cleaning
• Promotes and sells personal training programs and services
• Completes all administrative requirements associated with each client’s fitness plan
• Remains current on certifications and new trends in the industry
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1+ year of personal training experience, preferred, not required, will train the right candidate
• Certified Personal Trainer
• CPR and AED Certified
• Knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training, nutrition and program design
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $50.00 per hour