OUR STORY - BECOMING SUPERHUMAN TOGETHER
In 2009, Brooklyn Boulders (also known as “BKB”) opened its first facility in an old newspaper factory in Brooklyn, NY. Since then, we've grown and evolved beyond what we ever thought was possible. Inspired by adventure, movement, and community, we're setting out to revolutionize the climbing and fitness industries. That’s why our vision is to pioneer an Adventure Lifestyle Ecosystem that enhances the way people live, interact, and pursue their human potential. We strive to inspire personal connections and ignite discovery through richer, more purpose-driven engagement while helping others express their full potential.
BKBX, our brand new addition to the Brooklyn Boulders portfolio, offers an adventurous and goal-oriented approach to training, designed to enhance your fitness experience. Our vision is to galvanize a new fitness frontier inspired by adventure, anchored in community, and centered around the holistic advancement of both the individual and the collective.
JOIN THE ADVENTURE
If you’re passionate about Brooklyn Boulders, outdoor adventure, and/or adventure training, we invite you to join our team as we embark on a new frontier of fitness at BKBX, the first-of-its-kind adventure training center. BKBX is the newest branch within Brooklyn Boulders’ adventure lifestyle ecosystem that features a class-based studio, a state-of-the-art recovery center, data tracking and wearable tech, outdoor expeditions, a 92-foot long bouldering wall, and more.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and you’re ready to become an integral part of this unique experience in the climbing and fitness industry, we encourage you to apply. It’s time to make adventure your sport with us at BKBX.
We live and breathe our CORE VALUES:
- Get Weird: Be yourself and nobody else.
- Co-Create: The next frontier is ours.
- Be Relentless: Never stop progressing.
- Make it Beautiful: Chart extraordinary territory.
- Make it an Open House Party: Open arms move us forward.
WHO WE ARE
Our mission is to expand the reach of human potential by embracing adventure together, progressing with data, training to enhance performance, and creating environments that breed superhumans. BKBX provides cutting-edge technology for training and recovery with the goal of performance advancement together. We give members and guests a completely innovative, new way to train for their adventurous lifestyles.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
A leader and mentor who is very hands-on by nature and relentlessly detail oriented. A problem solver. Someone who has a passion for having fun, connecting with and developing people, and is excited to grow with us! Someone with strong management and leadership skills who wants to inspire and be relentless.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) provides on the job experience and a real world training path towards the General Manager role. In preparation, the AGM will be focused on driving revenue through supporting national sales strategy, while overseeing daily operations in the facility including payroll, maintenance, HR matters and local recruiting.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM):
- Ensures local teams are held accountable for implementing national sales, operations and service initiatives via business planning processes to drive revenue and quality control at the local level
- Co-creates with local teams on facility-led initiatives in alignment with quarterly goals that drive revenue, foster continued product growth, support member engagement and retention
- Prepares bi-weekly all-facility payroll
- Facilitates monthly staff scheduling process to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity of all team members
- Audits programs and classes to ensure all products are meeting Product Departmental Standards.
- Oversees facility (maintenance) staff to ensure the facility maintains premium levels of cleanliness and hygiene standards at all times as measured by a weekly audit
- Manages labor budget , including adjustments commensurate with revenue
- Supports local managers with disciplinary conversations
- Processes community member feedback and facilitates actions to generate business value
- Maintains a presence during peak weekday + weekend business hours
- Travels to national and regional meetings for cross-functional alignment and co-creation on BKB products and agendas
- 2 + years managing multiple departments, including the ability to demonstrate and prove success managing weekly and monthly sales quotas in a high pressure, high reward environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in successfully rolling out new products and services as well as successfully managing change
- Expert level skill in people management and professional development including the ability to use a progressive discipline policy to manage performance
- Expert level skill in creating and managing profit and loss statements over multiple disciplines
- A proven track record of developing your direct reports
- A background/and or documented experience in finance or data analytics
- Clear communication skills
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and the Assistant General Manager is…
- Passionate and positive, with a go-getter attitude
- Committed to their teams and community
- Not afraid of achieving tough, demanding goals, and has a desire to continue “raising the bar”
- Free membership for employees
- Complimentary membership for a significant other or family member
- Unlimited free guest passes for friends*
- Discounts on personal training, retail, and guided outdoor adventure trips
- Free access to non-competitive youth programs for children of employees
- Company offered health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous paid time off policies
- Generous parental leave policy