As the nation's leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job, it offers a cause to embrace. Serving over 32,000 members in the Brown County area, our Association includes four uniquely different Centers, four successful YMCA camps and the area’s largest School Age Child Care program.
Located in downtown Green Bay, the Ferguson Family YMCA offers over 40 land and water classes each week and includes two Group Exercise Studios, a Mind & Body Studio, Training Center, Gymnasium, Indoor Track (24 laps/mile) and a regulation-sized racquetball court. Originally built in 1925 this 112,000 square foot facility recently underwent an extensive renovation and revitalization. Spaces were renovated using modern elements and glass to increase visual transparency within the building while complementing the existing wood and other elements, preserving this rich historic building of the Green Bay community.
As the Group Exercise Coordinator, you will provide direction and leadership for the Ferguson Family YMCA Group Exercise team, provide support for our ForeverWell initiative and work with the Healthy Living Director in various Healthy Living programs. Together with the coordinators from our three other Green Bay Y centers, you will work to ensure we are the leading provider of group exercise classes in the area. In addition, you will engage in community activities and serve as a Personal Trainer.
- Collaborate with Healthy Living Executive and Healthy Living Director to supervise high performing programming and participation.
- Assist in evaluating effectiveness, quality, and engagement of Group Exercise programming
- Lead and develop a strong Group Exercise team;
- Coordinate and promote classes and events, communicating changes to staff and members;
- Coordinate the ForeverWell senior community activities;
- Provide high quality Smart Start Coaching, Personal Training, and Specialty Training sessions as indicated by the Healthy Living Director; and
- Cultivate relationships to support Annual Campaign fundraising.
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours/week): flexibility required to work days, nights and weekends as needed; includes coverage rotations. 20-25 hours will be focused on the Group Exercise Coordinator role, with the remaining hours personal training.
Pay/Benefits: $13.00/hour starting rate, negotiable based on experience and qualifications. In addition to the Group Exercise Coordinator hourly rate, the qualified candidate will receive a competitive personal training hourly rate based on experience and certifications.
Benefits include Medical, Dental and Life insurance, PTO and holiday pay, STD/LTD, free Household membership and program discounts. In addition, you will be enrolled in our Y Retirement fund after 2 years of service and receive a generous 11% retirement contribution!