If you are passionate about empowering others in their journey to a better well-being, we want to hear from you! HealthFitness has a great new opportunity for a full-time, benefits eligible Wellness Program Coordinator at our client site located in Pensacola, FL. In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning, coordination, marketing and/or implementation of designated health and fitness and/or wellness programs and events, maximizing participation and engagement. You will also manage program delivery process and teams, ensuring all staff are properly trained, monitor quality and reports on program outcomes. You may also participate in program delivery and perform other staff responsibilities such as instructing group exercise classes; personal training; conducting fitness tests, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and fitness floor coverage and facility oversight.
*Schedule: Varied shifts, typically 7a-3p, 8a-4p and 9a-5p.
What you will be doing:
- Oversees all programming within designated areas; develops, coordinates, manages, implements and evaluates health and fitness programs within specified program areas to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction and supervision of programs, services and staff. Ensures staff is properly trained and certified.
- Facilitates the close alignment of programs with the client’s business needs, employee culture and corporate health strategies.
- Coordinates marketing of programs to maximize outreach and engagement; develops and distributes electronic and print promotional materials to communicate program offerings and special events.
- Gathers program outcomes data and measures results; evaluates and reports on program effectiveness in meeting objectives and makes recommendations for future program enhancements or modifications.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics within their specified areas and identifies appropriate participant educational materials.
- Participates in business planning and budgeting process relating to program and service offerings in their area of expertise.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction as applicable; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What you bring with you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline and 1+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience.
- First Aid, CPR & AED certification through the American Heart Association, Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NETA preferred; if not current will be required within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating and delivering effective programs including budgeting, marketing and promotions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 and 2021 Award winner.