Village Health Clubs and Spas is looking for a Water Aerobics Group Fitness Instructor to join our winning team!
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Deliver professional, high quality, safe and innovative fitness classes and instruction to a diverse membership population.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Create exciting group fitness classes as assigned, along with appropriate music playlists.
• Attract and retain members by providing outstanding customer service.
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards.
• Lead by example, consistently conveying a positive attitude, passion and pride in teaching and all communication.
• Provide members and guests with the highest level of professionalism and dedication.
• Responsible for maintaining minimum attendance in classes. Encouraged to use creative ideas to increase class attendance.
• Develop a personal rapport with members and guests, motivating them to participate in fitness classes. Maintain a clean and safe work environment, which includes ensuring that studio equipment is put away after each class and other duties as assigned.
• Nationally recognized certification in appropriate group fitness and/or exercise.
• Superior understanding and demonstration of customer service.
• Strong experience in a health club environment participating in instruction programming.
• Obtain CPR certification and attend New Hire Orientation within 30 days of hire through Company training. May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Required to maintain a professional physical appearance within the Village to perform assigned duties.