The Personal Training Manager ensures that the club delivers a fitness experience to all members. Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards and leading by example. Ensure that team members consistently execute the basics in punctuality, dress code compliance, friendliness and cleanliness. Hires, trains and develops a strong team of Personal Trainers. Responsible for the successful attainment of department targets, including revenue and member retention. Is the point of reference for fitness expertise within the club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The FM is responsible for performing the following activities for the club:
STAFFING AND DEVELOPMENT [40% OF TIME]
Maintain a fully engaged and high performing fitness team that aligns with company values and goals. To
achieve this objective, the FM will:
• Hire develop and manage performance of qualified Personal Trainers
• Train & develop Membership other staff as needed regarding fitness and supplementation
presentations, emphasizing the impact of these on membership retention
• Conduct weekly (or as-needed) meetings with direct reports to review performance and offer
direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company goals. Offer career
growth and advancement opportunities as warranted
• Manage the Personal Trainer schedule including staying within budgeted non-session hours as
submitted to and approved by the CM
• Mediates club employee relations matters for all club fitness employees
• Discipline staff under the guidance of your direct supervisor
FITNESS MANAGEMENT [40% OF TIME]
Ensure that all club members have access to a highly trained and professional fitness staff able to provide
fitness counseling, training and programs within Crunch standards. The PT Manager is responsible for the
successful attainment of fitness and supplement revenue goals. To achieve these objectives the PT
• Ensure that all Personal Trainers are delivering high quality programs to their clients
• Develop weekly work schedules for fitness staff. Ensure that staff properly records their Time
• Ensure that staff comply with Time and Labor guidelines, and manage overtime in accordance with
• Provide member service and support related to fitness servicing issues.
CRUNCH PERSONAL TRAINING MANAGER
• Assist members and encourage their involvement in fitness services.
• Ensure accurate administration of Personal Training including usage of dotFIT, measurement
tracking, workout programs etc.
• Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue objectives set forth by the
Company with regards to personal training services and Supplements
• Hire, Train and develop new Personal Trainers
• Regularly train staff on industry updates and teach Personal Trainers to be continually successful
and ensure that all clients are trained professionally
SALES AND SERVICE [20% OF TIME: CLUB SPECIFIC]
Participate and provide direct execution support in the fitness area.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of Crunch Certified Personal Training Program including program software (dotFIT, ABC/
Datatrak, Crunch-U, VFP, Styku, Where applicable). Knowledge of Personal Training technique and
• Must be able to adjust and operate all club equipment.
• Experience in coaching/motivating groups.
• Strong Leadership, interpersonal & communication skills.
• Able to generate, maintain & demonstrate a friendly, enthusiastic & positive attitude.
• Possesses a strong member service focus.
• Responds professionally to requests and inquires from guests, members and staff.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)