Fiddler's Elbow Country Club is a Private club located in beautiful Bedminster, NJ. Opened in 1965, the club showcases nearly 1,000 acres of spectacular countryside, world-class amenities, and an array of unique member privileges. Fiddler's is proud of our three championship golf courses, stunning Clubhouse featuring both fine & casual dining restaurants and banquet facilities, tennis & paddle courts, world-class aquatics operation, gym and so much more! Though we are the largest New Jersey country club, we still preserve an inviting sense of community and family.
Our mission: "Enhance the lives of our Members & Guests with WOW moments they can't live without"
We accomplish this through:
Commitment Loyalty Professionalism Community
Friendliness Respect Integrity
At Fiddler's you won't just be joining a team. You will become part of a FAMILY!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Provide quality customized personal training to club Members and their families or guests.
- Provides one-on-one fitness instruction to members desiring a program tailored to their specific needs.
- Utilize a biomechanic assessment to identify abilities and imbalances
- Develop programming and prescribe exercises that provide the optimum results for specific goals.
- Understanding or proficiency of corrective exercise for clients who may have physical imbalances or have suffered injuries/ had surgery, and are cleared by a physician to work out
- Track client progress in relation to goals with data including; body measurements, weigh-ins and daily recording of weight used in session
- Familiarity with online scheduling software to completes necessary information each day for tracking schedule and personal training clients
- Has experience with, and is comfortable selling and renewing exercise programming packages for members
- Provide members and clients with positive feedback and create a safe and comfortable environment
- Greets members and welcomes them to the gym
- Answers Fitness Center's telephone, takes messages and directs calls as needed
- Provides equipment usage instructions, makes necessary adjustments and answers questions about proper techniques and fitness
- Keeps up with equipment issues and communicates these or any other issues to the Fitness Manager
- Maintains the fitness facility with daily cleaning and straightening of equipment that may be left out by members or training sessions
- Performs other duties as required or requested by the Health and Fitness Manager.
Education and/or Experience
- A health- and fitness-focused undergraduate degree in Physical Education with a concentration or coursework in nutrition, exercise physiology or kinesiology preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience as a personal trainer at a boutique gym, physical fitness franchise operation or private club
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Certification from a recognized and accredited program such as that offered by the National Federation of Personal Trainers (NFPT), the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), or the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) desirable
- First Aid and CPR/AED certification
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Knowledge of fitness equipment required
- Able to perform fitness assessments and identify physical imbalances
- Must have First Aid and CPR/AED training
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations
- Knowledge of golf and or ability to play, is preferred but not required
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Must be able to frequently push, pull or lift up to 45 pounds; occasionally lift 50+ pounds
- Workout area is often warm and humid
- Ability to perform the following continuous repetitive motions; bending, stretching, twisting or reaching, walking, standing, stooping, climbing stairs, balancing and/or crouching
- Physical exertion over long periods of time
- Regular fitness conditioning and possible swimming