Join the West Cook YMCA! www.westcookymca.org Apply online today for the position of Personal Trainer, PT @ $22-25/hr. You must be 18 and over to apply. Prospective employees will be required to complete a pre-employment background screening.
The West Cook YMCA, rooted in Judeo-Christian tradition, is dedicated to developing the spirit, mind, and body of all persons through quality leadership, programs and services, in cooperation with community groups for the common good.
West Cook YMCA Personal Trainers conduct one-on-one and small group personal training (PT) sessions, fitness consultations, and Wellness Center orientations. They may also assist with other Healthy Living programming and events. Personal Trainers commit to maintaining the quality of the PT program, staying up-to-date on fitness trends and educational materials, and increasing the number of clients served.
- Model the YMCA’s commitment to improving health and well-being.
- Design and implement biomechanically sound PT programs and progressions directly related to the client’s level and goals; document the client’s progress and maintain client files.
- Must be available to do six 60-minute PT sessions or twelve 30-minute PT sessions per week in addition to three fitness consultations.
- Accurately use Appointment King (YMCA software system) for indicating availability, scheduling clients, and tracking data.
- Assist the Healthy Living Department in finding replacements or substitutes when unable to attend a scheduled session with a client.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Adhere to all guidelines and procedures set forth in the West Cook YMCA Handbook.
- Assist the Healthy Living Department in finding substitutes when unable to attend a scheduled PT session.
- Know and enforce all YMCA rules and regulations.
- Keep the facility areas and equipment organized, clean, and inviting.
- Ensure that all certifications are current and up-to-date.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Healthy Living Fitness Program Coordinator.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
Values:Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results:Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise:Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships:Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others:Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Walking, standing, and sitting (including on the floor) for long periods of time and while maintaining alertness.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Lifting and carrying supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, leaning, and kneeling.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.