Title: Personal Training
You are the primary
fitness resource for Takedown Gym responsible for providing the very highest
level of personal fitness training, exercise, athletic performance and
lifestyle programming. You will create
personalized exercise programs, monitor each client’s progress, correct and
implement new programs as goals change and vigilantly provide for the safety
and comfort of members, clients and guest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Always present friendly and courteous
behavior when interacting with parents, members and guests.
- Approach all encounters
with members, guests and fellow employees in an attentive, fully present,
courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Work with your manager
and peers to create a positive work environment for all, remembering
everyone is a customer, even co-workers.
- Be conscious of how you
are connecting with others, focusing on whomever you are speaking and
listening to (eye contact, smile, full attention)
- Pay attention to and
manage disruptive emotions (frustration, impatience, etc.) when
interacting in challenging situations. Be willing to accommodate other’s
needs whenever possible.
- Respect all owners’
privacy, perspective, priorities, time and resources.
- Encourage the recruitment of new members and the retention of
current members by your professional actions, timely and accurate
information concerning programs, and knowledge of the member handbook.
- Coordinate scheduling with the Service Desk and
conduct guest orientations.
- Conduct a detailed health risk appraisal, advise the
new client of any health risks, and refer to other professionals if
- Discuss personal interests, goals, and limitations with
your new and current clients.
Discuss programs, services and upcoming events appropriate to their
- Create and demonstrate a basic exercise program for
- Orient your new clients to the facility and instruct
them in the basics of equipment use.
- Actively promote all of the services offered by
- Actively market your personal training expertise to
current and new members.
- With your new clients create short, intermediate, and
long term health and fitness goals.
- With client input create and implement personalized
exercise programs to meet goals.
- Monitor clients progress, regularly evaluate fitness
changes and adapt programs as needed to reach those goals.
- Provide for the safety and comfort of each
participant by enforcing facility safety rules, adhering to fitness
industry guidelines and by being aware of signs of fatigue or other
- Observe and correct form to insure the best
experience for each participant.
- Communicate regularly with your clients regarding
- Constantly self-evaluate and listen to client and
peer comments to improve the quality of your classes and personal
- Maintain appropriate client records.
- Manage and maintain your schedule and paid client
time for correct billing.
- Work with the Manager and peers to develop and
implement exercise, athletic and lifestyle programming.
- Work with the Manager and peers to develop marketing,
advertising and pricing for personal training services and programs.
Job Demands and Requirements
- Able to perform highly active duties that require
repetitive use of the entire body including walking, standing, lifting,
bending, stooping, kneeling and climbing stairs.
- Ability to repetitively lift or move 45 pounds and to
occasionally lift or move more than 45 pounds.
- Able to spot guests in various free weight lifting
- Able to continuously walk, stand and exercise during
80% of your shift.
- Must maintain a personal level of fitness that will
allow you to lead by example.
- Exposure to chemicals such as disinfectants,
cleansers and soaps.
- Exposure to latex, plastic, and other materials used
in daily operations.
- Exposure to unpredictable behaviors by guests.
- Occasionally exposed to loud music.
- Works a varying schedule including mornings,
evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be organized and detail oriented, able to be
accurate in verbal and written communication, and to be able to adjust to
and handle constantly changing situations.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, energetic, enthusiastic
- Must gain new skills and knowledge in keeping current
in the field of exercise science.
- Possess the ability to handle guest concerns
patiently and courteously.
- Must possess current NSCA, ACSM, NASM, ISSA or