JOB TITLE AND JOB DUTIES
Position: Personal Trainer
Trainers must be knowledgeable in fundamentals of personal training (sports sciences, customer service, and sales) and must adhere to all established rules/guidelines endorsed by The Energy Club.
· Personal Trainers are responsible for scheduling training appointments, showing up for all sessions on time and contacting all clients 24 hours in advance in the event that the trainer is unable to complete the scheduled training session. Must help the fitness director in attaining monthly goals.
· Call inactive members or clients. Review specials and activities.
· Must attend all staff meetings and mandatory training as scheduled.
· Must be able to lift a weight load of 70 lb. Position requires physical work, instruction of classes, and frequent lifting.
· Days/hours vary. Must participate in and promote all The Energy Club activities and products.
· All appointments must be scheduled during business hours.
· Members who do not request a trainer will be matched according by Fitness Director as preference on training profile.
· Must wear proper uniform with nametag during work hours.
· Trainers must act professionally at all times. No foul language, gossip, arguments, etc. Solicitation and sales of personal products is not allowed.
· The trainer must be familiar with all The Energy Club training protocols.
· Endorsement or recommendation of any fad diets, unsafe workout gimmicks, use of steroids or illegal drugs, or any item/protocol not affiliated with The Energy Club products is grounds for termination.
Earnings are commensurate with education, certification(s), and experience. Must be CPR/AED certified and have a nationally recognized, current accredited certification in personal training and/or college degree in exercise science, sports nutrition, physical education, or other related field, etc.
Hours: Hours vary and will be confirmed by the Fitness Director.
Responsible to: Fitness Director