Be part of our Cause
The YMCA of Orange County staff are committed to teaching youth positive life skills, values and the importance of giving back. In our communities, our staff support and strengthen families by offering quality experiences that are affordable and life-enriching. Our staff encourage participation by all members of our community and create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best. Each day, we work side-by-side with others to strengthen the foundations of our communities.
The YMCA of Orange County has an immediate need for Health & Wellness Trainer. The health and wellness trainer is responsible for exercise counseling and other exercise coaching duties.
- Provide one-on-one or group fitness coaching.
- Explain and demonstrate safe exercise principles.
- Develop and implement exercise programs.
- Proactive communication with members about programs and packages
- Follow and enforce safety regulations and other policies and procedures.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Education & Certifications: 2 to 4 year college degree in physical fitness or related field, or personal training certification from a nationally recognized certifying board such as ACE or AFFA and CPR and First Aid certifications required.
- Ability to positively motivate members/children/participants in fitness activities.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective member of project teams.
The YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts, retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to all employees.
Learn more about opportunities at the Y