INSTRUCTORS NEEDED FOR:
Fun, energetic, non-competitive, welcoming group KIDS classes such as:
- Circuits/"Sports" Class
- Totally over the diet culture?
- Passionate about teaching people to take care of their bodies
- Knowledgeable about HAES® and non-diet approaches to health
- Super creative and love to have fun
- Compassionate - towards yourself and others
THEN WE MAY HAVE A JOB FOR YOU!
We’re hiring group exercise instructors for a new movement studio with expected opening date in March 2019. Our name Karuna stands for compassion, and we plan to provide a safe, supportive and empowering environment for both children and adults to move their bodies. We are seeking experienced, passionate and creative instructors who are interested in teaching out-of-the-box classes for all skill levels and body types. We have a strict “no diet talk” philosophy and it is critical that our instructors can motivate clients on strength, power, and love for their bodies. Above is a list of classes we’re looking to run, but we’re also open to unique, creative and out of the box programming that keeps members coming back week after week.
INSTRUCTOR REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a Group Exercise settings
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- Individual liability insurance
- A likable and outgoing personality, perceptive, strong sense of integrity, self-confident
- Strong customer service skills, caring about our members and excited about building personal relationships
- Strong sense of responsibility and able to work independently
- Appropriate, nationally recognized exercise certification dependent on class type (200-hour RYT, NSCA, ACSM, ACE, AFAA, FRA, NSCF personal trainer certification)
- Lead fun, engaging, body positive and empowering classes for participants
- Adapt class structure based on participant skill level and ability
- Knowledge & ability to post on social media about classes
- Adhere to Karuna’s core values to promote a safe and judgement-free movement environment
- Ensure proper coverage of classes and finding coverage for classes. Subbing is to be kept to a minimum.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early to class and check participants in
- Keep the movement studio and surrounding areas clean and safe
- Update owner on all missing, broken or needed equipment
- Attend all departmental meetings, all staff meetings and training seminars
- Maintain proper certifications based on the most updated guidelines specific to certification
POSITION TYPE: Contract/Part-Time. Flexible hours available.
SALARY: Hourly rate per class/session to be determined based on applicant's level of education and experience
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME WITH:
- Personal Introduction – we want to know about YOU!
- Experience teaching classes
- Types of classes and ages you most love teaching
- Why do you think an anti-diet, weight-neutral, judgment-free movement environment is important in this day and age?
Please check out our website to learn more about Karuna: Nutrition + Movement and all that we plan to offer! http://www.karunaforyou.com