Join the West Cook YMCA! www.westcookymca.org Apply online today for the position of Group Fitness Instructor, PT @ $15.00/hr. You must be 18 and over to apply. Prospective employees will be required to complete a pre-employment background screening.
The West Cook YMCA, rooted in Judeo-Christian tradition, is dedicated to developing the spirit, mind, and body of all persons through quality leadership, programs and services, in cooperation with community groups for the common good.
The West Cook YMCA has made a commitment to providing premiere fitness programming that enhances individuals’ health and well-being while also fostering connections and building community. Fitness Experts are the frontline staff in this movement. They provide instruction for group fitness classes onsite and offsite, conduct one-on-one and small group personal training (PT) sessions, offer fitness consultations and Wellness Center orientations, and assist with other Healthy Living programming and special events. Fitness Experts play a crucial role in helping participants to advance their workout efficiency, improve their fitness level, and most importantly, make strides towards achieving a greater sense of health and well-being.
- Model the YMCA’s commitment to improving health and well-being.
- Conduct a minimum of 8-10 PT sessions, 8-10 group fitness classes, and 8 fitness consultations per week.
- Design and implement biomechanically sound PT programs and progressions directly related to the client’s level and goals; document the client’s progress and maintain client files.
- Consistently indicate availability, projecting a minimum of 6-8 weeks into the future, using YMCA scheduling software (Appointment King)
- Allow adequate time pre/post class to engage with participants in order to help build a greater sense of community and provide opportunities for health literacy.
- Be knowledgeable of and enforce YMCA procedures and protocols related to fitness programming
- Respond immediately to emergency situations in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Adhere to all guidelines and procedures set forth in the West Cook YMCA Handbook.
- Assist the Healthy Living Department in finding substitutes when unable to attend a scheduled group fitness class or PT session.
- Attend and contribute to all mandatory staff meetings, workshops, and in-services.
- Keep the facility areas and equipment organized, clean, and inviting.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Walking, standing, and sitting (including on the floor) for long periods of time and while maintaining alertness.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Lifting and carrying supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, leaning, and kneeling.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.