Shred415 is a growing high intensity interval training (HIIT) based boutique fitness studio. Shred415 is more than a workout; it's a family-friendly, all-inclusive athletic environment that delivers a sense of belonging and accomplishment.
Shred415 Sterling is looking for dynamic and energetic Group Fitness Instructors who love to motivate, who have a positive mindset, who love music, who love social media, who are outgoing, who like challenges, and who want to be a part of a growing, fast-paced boutique fitness studio.
The perfect Shred415 Group Fitness Instructor is energetic, positive, personable, and innovative, and loves to connect and motivate people of all skill levels to reach their goals. As a Shred415 Group Fitness Instructor you will be responsible for delivering high energy interval training based fitness classes focussing on both cardio and strength training. This position requires a strong ability to coach and manage time, motivating multiple clients in a group setting. He or she must focus on all aspects of wellness, including endurance, strength, power, and mindset, using the tools given to optimize the client's experience and results.
MUST HAVE A VALID GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTOR OR PERSONAL TRAINER CERTIFICATION, OR A DEGREE IN EXERCISE SCIENCE / KINESIOLOGY.
MUST HAVE CURRENT CPR/AED CERTIFICATE
Fitness Instructor Responsibilities
- Deliver a high-energy, engaging, and memorable workout to members in a class setting
- Create and write fun and effective workouts, leveraging tools provided, designed to target all muscle groups, increase cardiovascular strength, and accommodate all fitness levels.
- Coach, encourage, and motivate members throughout the class
- Modify (progression and regression) exercises “in the moment” to accommodate various physical variations
- Have the knowledge and ability to correct exercise form to prevent injuries and optimize member results
- Have knowledge of physiology, exercise technique and body mechanics
- Have the desire and capacity to coach all fitness levels, novice to elite
- May organize and host events and pop-up workouts
- Build rapport and lasting relationships within the community to ensure continuous flow of prospective members and increased brand awareness through personal relationships and social media
Fitness Instructor Requirements
- One or more years of experience teaching/personal training, alternatively, experienced from college level sports
- Must be skilled and active with Social Media, demonstrate ability to adhere to brand standards
- Community-driven individuals with passion to provide superior customer service
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable, and friendly disposition
- Enjoy working within a team
- Build member attendance and engagement
- Fluent in English and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personal passion for health and wellness
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive base pay with bonus depending on how many people are in your classes
- Performance bonus/sales incentives
- Free membership with Shred415 home studio and other local partner studios
- Discount on merchandise including Lululemon co-branded apparel
- Leave the stuffy clothes behind - it’s all leggings and shorts here!
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the goals of the position are met.
Shred415 is an equal opportunity employer.